Date Posted:6 June 2023
Flaxseed pancakes are gluten-free, nut-free and super fluffy. They are the perfect alternative to traditional pancakes.
- 1 cup flaxseed flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flaxseed flour, baking powder, cinnamon (if using), and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey or maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease with oil or butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another minute or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite toppings like fresh fruits, yoghurt, or maple syrup.