Chunky Flax Muffins
These muffins are sweet, beautifully textured and versatile healthy snacks for everyone.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Meal
- 1 cup brown sugar 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 2 green apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Safflower Oil muffin patty cases
- Preheat oven to 180 & Line muffin/tart pans with 16 muffin patty cases.
- Place sifted flour into bowl and add meal.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into centre of dry ingredients and fold together until just combined.
- Divide muffin mixture between patties and place in oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and slightly springy to touch.
- Serve warm or cool on a rack.