This healthy loaf is moist and rich with warm spices. The use of fresh - almost sweet - Grapeseed Oil adds to its delicious intensity and is a wonderfully sustaining way of using every part of the grape and those abundant zucchinis in season.
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder and a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup apple puree
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 180oC. and grease a large loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices, add sugar.
- Whisk egg, add apple and oil, stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Pour over dry ingredients, mix to combine into a stiff batter. Bake 45-50 mins.
- Cool 5 mins, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.