- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons Stoney Creek Organic Flax Flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon Stoney Creek Organic Safflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 200g ripe black cherries (retain pips to enhance flavour)
- Butter (to grease pan)
- Stir together flours, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add eggs and yolk, work into a paste with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in oil, add milk, beating until light and smooth.
- Spread fruit evenly in bottom of well greased, medium-sized pan or pie dish.
- Pour mixture over fruit, avoiding air pockets.
- Bake at 180oC for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and dust with icing sugar.
- Alternatively, use fruit in season such as red cherries, apricots, plums, chopped peaches.
- Serve with sour cream or cream if desired.