- 600g of your preferred mixed dried fruit
- 175ml dry sherry (or your dry liquor of choice)
- 100g Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Meal (1 cup)
- 100g plain flour (1 cup)
- 50g bread crumbs (½ cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g brown sugar (1 tightly packed cup)
- 50g chopped almonds or hazelnuts
- 2 eggs (large)
- 1tbsp golden syrup (or honey)
- 100g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- grated rind and juice of one orange
- Steep dried fruit in alcohol overnight.
- Grease and line a 1.5 litre pudding bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into pudding bowl, cover with grease-proof paper and foil and tie down or secure a pudding lid.
- Place on rack in steamer with water to half-way up bowl.
- Steam for 2½ hours, adding boiling water as required.
- Serve with custard, cream, icecream - or all three!