Gluten-free Cherry Clafoutis
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Flax Flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar Pinch salt
- 2 eggs 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp safflower or sunflower oil
- 1tsp vanilla (or use a vanilla bean or vanilla sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 200g ripe black cherries (retain pips to enhance flavour)
- Butter (to grease pan)
- Stir together almond meal, flour, sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add eggs and yolk, work into a paste with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in oil, add milk, beating until light and smooth.
- Spread fruit evenly in bottom of a greased medium flan dish.
- Pour mixture over fruit, avoiding air pockets.
- Bake at 180oC for about 40mins or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.