Gluten-free Lemon Cake
Gluten-free lemon cake is based on a Greek-style lemon cake combining sweet lemon, a delightfully fruity olive oil and the perfect sourness of yoghurt. It is a most delicious cake, full of lemony sweetness and warmth.
- 2 tsp water
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- zest 2 lemons
Simmer in saucepan until desired consistency
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar juice
- 2 lemons & 2 tsp zest
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup Stoney Creek Organic Flax Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- butter/oil to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Grease/line 20cm cake tin.
- Beat eggs and sugar until pale.
- Whisk in juice and zest.
- Add dry ingredients, yogurt and oil, stir until smooth.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with syrup and mascarpone or cream if desired.