Gluten-free Orange Cake
This delicious, moist cake is gluten-free by tradition and will fill your kitchen with the enticing aroma of whole cooked oranges. Organic flax flour adds a healthy twist to this popular recipe.
- 2 oranges
- 250g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 150g almond meal
- 100g Stoney Creek Organic Flax Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar for dusting
- butter/oil to grease pan
- Wash oranges and simmer whole for two hours.
- Drain and cool before pureeing whole (this can be done day prior).
- Preheat oven to 160oC.
- Grease 20cm cake tin and dust with caster sugar.
- Beat eggs and sugar, stir in puree, then dry ingredients.
- Pour into tin and bake 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.