Date Posted:6 August 2014
There are many variations of this Middle Eastern inspired carrot dip. Some have cayenne pepper or paprika, harissa paste in place of chilli, or ginger added. The mouth-warming flavour of cumin pairs particularly well with sweet, buttery carrot. Serve as a colourful dip with flat or crusty bread, or toss through pasta with feta cheese for a delicious dinner.
- 750g organic carrots
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1tsp minced chilli
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Safflower Oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp lemon juice salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 black olives, pitted and chopped
- Peel and chop carrots into small chunks and steam until tender, then process with oil until fairly smooth yet retaining some texture.
- Stir in rest of ingredients except for olives.
- Serve in a bowl with olives on the side and your favourite bread.