Tzatziki with Flaxseed Oil Recipe
Date Posted:3 November 2023
It makes a delicious accompaniment to grilled meats, falafel, pita bread, or as a refreshing dip for fresh vegetables.
- 1 medium cucumber, grated and excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the cucumber using a box grater or food processor. Place the grated cucumber in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out the excess moisture. This step is important to prevent the sauce from becoming too watery.
- Combine the grated cucumber, Greek yoghurt, minced garlic, lemon juice, chopped dill, and flaxseed oil in a mixing bowl. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Season the tzatziki sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the flavours according to your preference, adding more lemon juice or dill if desired.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours to meld together. Serve the flaxseed tzatziki sauce chilled.