Baby Spinach & Prosciutto Salad
- _ cup extra virgin olive oil
- _ cup Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- _ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain or tarragon mustard
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt
Place ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Store in refrigerator in closed container for up to three weeks. Makes one cup.
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- A few chopped basil leaves (or other fresh herbs)
- 6 chopped baby tomatoes (sliced in quarters)
- _ salad onion (finely sliced)
- 2 slices of crispy, lightly grilled prosciutto
- Parmesan shavings and cracked pepper to taste
Rinse and dry salad leaves and place in a bowl. Toss in tomatoes and onion. Dress with vinaigrette to taste. Serve on a plate with prosciutto, parmesan and pepper on top. Serves one as a lunch or two as a side salad.