Baby Spinach & Prosciutto Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain or tarragon mustard
- Cracked black pepper and sea salt
Place ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Store in refrigerator in closed container for up to three weeks. Makes one cup.
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- A few chopped basil leaves (or other fresh herbs)
- 6 chopped baby tomatoes (sliced in quarters)
- 1/2 salad onion (finely sliced)
- 2 slices of crispy, lightly grilled prosciutto
- Parmesan shavings and cracked pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry salad leaves and place in a bowl.
- Toss in tomatoes and onion.
- Dress with vinaigrette to taste.
- Serve on a plate with prosciutto, parmesan and pepper on top.
- Serves one as a lunch or two as a side salad.