- 2 medium beetroots, peeled and grated
- 1/4 red salad onion (finely sliced)
- 6 baby tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in their juice
- 1 handful of chopped mint Ground pepper to taste
- Fresh chilli to taste (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and serve as a salad, side dish or on toast rubbed with garlic.
- All ingredients can be varied to taste.
- As beetroot is quite sweet, a slightly tangy and salty balance is desirable.
- This dish is also tasty on top of tsatziki dip on toast, or with cream cheese (soy or dairy), or blended as a dip.