Broad Bean Salad
- 1 kg fresh, small to medium broad beans in shells
- 100g feta or white sheep's milk cheese (this recipe is just as tempting as a vegan meal, without dairy)
- 1 small handful finely chopped lettuce leaves
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- Preserved lemon (crushed) or some grated lemon zest to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Finely chopped parsley
- Shell beans and simmer in just enough water to cover until tender (one minute).
- Drain and cool.
- When the beans are cool enough to touch, peel and discard the skins.
- Drizzle with oil and mix the feta through the soft green beans.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss through.