Perfect Potato Salad
There are many variations of potato salad but only a few are as delicious and healthy as this one.
- 700g small potatoes mixed (choose salad varieties in season)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs - mostly parsley, mint and a little lemon thyme and oregano (or whatever is in the garden)
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- juice 1/2 an orange
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp grain mustard (or quality dijon with some mustard seeds stirred in)
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- sea salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
- Combine dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Rinse potatoes (skins on), leave smallest potatoes uncut, cut others to match.
- Steam until soft and leave to cool.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan until golden (watch as they burn quickly).
- Finely slice onion.
- Toss potatoes, onions, herbs, pine nuts and dressing.
- Refrigerate briefly and then season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.