Perfect Potato Salad
There are many variations of potato salad but only a few are as delicious and healthy as this one.
- 700g small potatoes mixed (choose salad varieties in season)
- _ cup pine nuts
- _ red onion finely sliced
- _ cup finely chopped herbs - mostly parsley, mint and a little lemon thyme and oregano (or whatever is in the garden)
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Organic Flaxseed Oil
- juice _ an orange, zest from _ lemon
- 1 tbsp grain mustard (or quality dijon with some mustard seeds stirred in)
- 2 tbsp Greek-style yoghurt
- sea salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
Combine dressing ingredients and refrigerate. Rinse potatoes (skins on), leave smallest potatoes uncut, cut others to match. Steam until soft and leave to cool. Toast pine nuts in a dry pan until golden (watch as they burn quickly). Finely slice onion. Toss potatoes, onions, herbs, pine nuts and dressing. Refrigerate briefly and then season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.