Gluten-free Tahini Swirls
- 1/2 cup Stoney Creek Organic Flax Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini (or orange tahini for a sweeter flavour)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- pinch salt
- Combine dry ingredients, dissolve sugar in liquids and stir in tahini.
- Mix all ingredients and form a ball.
- Flatten a little, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts,
- 1/4 cup sugar,
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (ground),
- 1 tbsp tahini,
- 1 tbsp lemon juice,
- 1 tsp lemon zest.
- Warm ingredients over a low heat until combined.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll onto plastic wrap until a 1/2 cm thick rectangle, pushing together any breaks.
- Trim with a knife.
- Spread filling over dough and use plastic to roll into a tight roll, pushing together if it breaks.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Unwrap dough and slice into 1cm scrolls, placing flat on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 mins.