Flaxseed Oil Mayonnaise
Date Posted:6 June 2023
Flaxseed Oil Mayonnaise is a healthier alternative to traditional mayonnaise, as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients. It can be used as a dip for vegetables or chips, or as a spread for sandwiches and burgers.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaxseed oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the flaxseed oil while whisking continuously, until the mixture begins to thicken and emulsify.
- Once the mixture has thickened, continue whisking and slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil until fully incorporated.
- Taste the mayonnaise and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, and refrigerate until ready to use.